Strength for his people : a ministry for families of the mentally ill / Dr. Steven Waterhouse.
- 6 of 7 copies available at Consortium of Ohio Libraries. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Cardington-Lincoln Library.
0 current holds with 7 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Cardington-Lincoln Library||362.2 WATE (Text)||30040000545046||Non-Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780578681399
- Physical Description: 96 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Edition 1994
- Publisher: Amarillo, Texas : Westcliff Press, 2020.
- Bibliography Note: Includes bibliographical references (pages 81-95).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Church work with the mentally ill.
Mentally ill > Family relationships
Psychotherapy > Religious aspects.
Summary: "This project's research question was: what are the spiritual/emotional needs among evangelical relatives of persons with schizophrenia, and which Bible truths are effective in ministering to these needs and answering these questions? A book was written and tested by surveying Christians in the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI). Results demonstrate evangelical families have frustrations with churches and ministers. They also struggle with isolation, depression, fears, denial, family conflicts and concern over demons."